Random Reflections About Things I Like
Akazawa Izumi & Sugiura Takako from Another
- Despite the image I don’t really ship them as a yuri couple, don’t worry. I just like this image, it’s adorable.
Although I’d be lying if I said I didn’t see the ship through my yuri goggles and didn’t like it.
- Moving on. Akazawa is my favorite character of the series. Especially of the manga.
- Takako is probably in my top five.
- Manga Akazawa is five times better than anime Akazawa. I can see the differences. In the anime she’s a lot easier on Mei and Kouichi, despite her still obvious dislike of Mei. She seems to be a more mentally stable girl and stronger in the anime.
- I liked her in the manga cause she was more human in behavior. She blamed both Kouichi and Mei (she played no favorites here), and mentally she wasn’t sound at all because she had to handle her unstable brother as well. She also had a more human fear of dying. And Yukari’s death also drove her further into that instability. I don’t know, she’s human.
- I liked how much Yukari’s death bothered her. I don’t mean that in a bad way, but I mean to say that her friend died, and it tore her up to know.
- And the scene where she stabs Mei’s doll eye was kickass, just saying. The conversation where Mei tells her that she’s not a doll and she’s alive just like Akazawa is was just as interesting.
- I was glad she didn’t die in the manga. And she looks really different with her hair cut short. Cute though. Just really different.
- Sure she’s a bitch but I always felt like Akazawa had her reasons. I don’t hold her personality and her faults against her.
- I just found the extra information and involvement of her mentally unstable brother cleared up a lot for me. The anime always leaves too many unanswered questions.
- It’s kinda too bad Takako doesn’t really get shown too much in the manga, if at all.
- Takako didn’t register too much to me until the last episodes when she lost her head. I have a thing for mentally unsound characters (obviously).
- Takako’s angry screaming scares the living hell out of me. I mean—she can shout.
- Takako and Yukari sort of switched roles in the manga and anime in relationship to Akazawa. Yukari was closer to her in the manga, and Takako wasn’t even important enough to really show until the very end, but Takako in the anime was a lot closer to Akazawa in the anime.
- Akazawa seems to have a protective sense over her friends, just like the rest of the class itself.
- I find both girls shippable in hetero pairings, actually. Like AkazawaxKouichi, and TakakoxJunta.
No I don’t see TeshigawaraxIzumi or MisakixAkazawa.And like I said before, I can also see where TakakoxIzumi or YukarixIzumi is coming from too.
- For the most part, I couldn’t say why I liked Akazawa in the first place, so much. Takako’s the same. I have no idea what made me curious about them in the beginning. I just liked them.